- God is love
- Learning to love God and love others is the best thing you can do in this life
- Everyone is beautiful
- How to treat their mother with respect and love
- Life is all about relationships — not the stuff we collect along the way
- Learn to forgive — even when others refuse to apologize or forgive you
- There’s nothing you can’t tell your mother and I
- Your parents will love you no matter what
- Family comes first
- How to be a gentleman
- U2 is the greatest band in the world
- You can’t go wrong with The Beatles, Beach Boys, Lenny Kravitz or Johnny Cash
- How to build a campfire
- How to put a tent together
- How to enjoy the freezing waters of Sulphur, Oklahoma
- How to blow a bubble
- How to blow a bubble with bubble gum
- How to throw a football
- How to throw a baseball
- How to dribble a soccer ball
- How to catch a football
- How to catch a baseball
- How to throw a frisbee
- How to catch a frisbee
- How to play disc golf
- The difference between a goal, a touchdown and a home run
- How to fish
- How to clean a fish (I may need to learn this myself first)
- How to grill the perfect steak
- How to grill the perfect burger
- How to play the guitar
- How to tie their shoes
- How to change the oil in a car
- How to change a tire
- How to drive a car — but only after you turn 21
- How to (properly) shoot fireworks
- How to ride a bike
- How to ride a bike without training wheels
- How to pop a wheelie
- How to draw
- How to cut with scissors
- How to imagine
- How to shave
- How to avoid shaving as much as possible
- How to “skin the cat”
- How to enjoy good art
- How to eat sushi
- How to pack for vacation using only carry-on luggage
- No one knows everything — not even your parents
- Be leery of those who claim they do
Archives For goals
If you’re anything like me, your schedule can be either be one of the greatest aids in your day, or one of the biggest detriments in my day.
If we’re not careful our schedule can easily keep us away from the things that really matter to us.
But before we continue, take a moment and consider what really matters to you.
Stop reading this blog post and make a list of 4 or 5 things that matter most to you.
Do you have set of goals in your life?
Do you have a specific mission?
Do you you have a mission statement for your life — something that you go back to for inspiration and guidance on a regular basis?
I’d love to read it!
Share your mission(s) and goals in life in the comments below.
“Live simply so that others may simply live”
As the new year begins, many of us have made resolutions to simplify our lives in various ways. Perhaps eating out less, starting a garden, cutting back on cable, reading more books from the local library (as opposed to purchasing them)… etc. etc.
So what are you doing to simplify your life in 2010? And how is it going so far?
I have a pretty good feeling this year (maybe even this month) will bring about some exciting changes around Casa de Blundell.
And with those dreams of what’s to come (foster care, hopefully selling our house) I don’t want to rush into the year without setting some basic goals for 2010.
I want to be sure that 2010 is less about me — and more about others — but at the same time, leaving room for my own development to ensure I don’t burn out by July.