Ay de mi!
I read some interesting stats from Becoming Minimalist:
- the u.s. department of energy reports that one-quarter of people with two-car garages have so much stuff in there that they can’t park a car.
- according to the national soap and detergent association, getting rid of clutter would eliminate 40 percent of housework in the average home.
- the national association of professional organizers says we spend one year of our lives looking for lost items.
- if you rent a storage facility to store your excess belongings, you’re contributing to a $154 billion industry — bigger than the hollywood film business!
- it costs an average of $10/square foot to store items in your home.