It’s been a while since I’ve given a brief update on all things personal — so here we go….
1. The boys are almost six months old! Crazy! They’ll reach six months in just a few days — April 21.
2. They’re both getting bigger and stronger each and every day. Ian’s been sitting up by himself a little longer than Hayden but I sat and played with both of them for probably 15 minutes tonight while they sat up and played with a ball and we only had one or two fall-overs from the two of them. We’re expecting Hayden to weigh in around 19 to 20 pounds for their six month check-up on Friday.
3. The spit-up attacks continue! We were told the five to six month mark is usually the peak of their spit-up attacks and as they learn to sit up and strengthen their muscles it should begin to decrease — we hope so. Laurie and I have both had 2-3 shirt/outfit days recently. In fact we change our clothes more often than we change theirs. For some reason most of the spit-up ends up on their bibs or on us.
4. They’re so much fun! They’re laughing at so much. In fact, Ian just entertained us for 5-10 minutes while he sat and laughed at the dog chewing her bone and Hayden just loves big raspberries blown on his belly. Of course they have their moments when they irritate us, because we have 100 things to do and they can’t stand to be left alone and only want to be held… but in reality — can we really complain about that? All our boys want is for us to hold them? Can’t be that bad…
5. The boys are in the midst of their 2nd week with their DOC Bands now and are doing great. They don’t seem to mind their bands at all. They sleep fine with them on and are now starting to wear the bands 23 hours a day. It’s amazing that we already see a difference in the shape of their heads — especially Hayden. At times it feels like we’re looking at a totally different boy.
5. Laurie just joined me in the Over-30-Club. While we still try and maintain that she’s still only 25, she did officially turn 30 on Saturday (sorry babe). But, perhaps lucky for her, she used to say, “two kids before 30″ and it looks like she did just that.
6. As a follow-up to last Friday’s post, for Laurie’s birthday and our anniversary (4 years coming up next week!) I bought her an iPad. Somehow in talking myself out of buying one, I ended up peaking her interest more and more. So when the original gift I ordered didn’t arrive before Saturday, I told her we could combine the two gifts for an iPad. I think she’s enjoying it… just a little. (although I don’t think she’s ready to give her Mac Book Pro for it )
7. My Fool Month of Purging Meat from my diet is going quite well. I’m actually surprised by how easy it’s been to avoid meat. I’ve passed up steak at least two or three times, burgers several times and Chick-fil-A sandwiches. Overall I don’t feel as lethargic or “bleh” after eating a full meal and I think I’m starting to see a bit more energy overall – but I’m not certain its from purging the meat or just sleeping better. Will I go vegetarian after April? Probably not – at least not 24-7, but it has proven that it’s completely doable and reminded me that I probably need to add a lot more plants to my diet regardless.
I think that about wraps it up. That’s most of what’s going on in my world.