Steve Jobs, founder and CEO of Apple Computers (you know the guys with those clever PC vs Mac commercials everyone keeps making parodies of – perhaps you’ve heard of them), has made his fortune making technology cool and useful.
Lifehack has 10 quotes from Jobs on how to hack your way through life and be a “success.”
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
- “You know, we don’t grow most of the food we eat. We wear clothes other people make. We speak a language that other people developed. We use a mathematics that other people evolved… I mean, we’re constantly taking things. It’s a wonderful, ecstatic feeling to create something that puts it back in the pool of human experience and knowledge.”
- “There’s a phrase in Buddhism, ‘Beginner’s mind.’ It’s wonderful to have a beginner’s mind.”
- “We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on.”
- “I’m the only person I know that’s lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year…. It’s very character-building.”
- “I would trade all of my technology for an afternoon with Socrates.”
- “We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?”
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
What 10 Lessons would you give on how to be successful?